Sunday 11 November 2012

Back to the Motherland!

What a weekend its been returning back to Doncaster for the first time since I left for university; its definitely been a roller coaster of emotions. The reason I've come back to Yorkshire this weekend is for my sixth form's presentation evening which is basically where everyone returns to school for one last evening of speeches and the presentation of our A-Level certificates.

So lets first tell you all about my journey back to Doncaster on Friday. Well, as you all know, Friday's are empty for me as I have no lectures so due to packing my suitcase the night before I got up, got ready and left my flat at university at 9.20am (pretty early for me!). Firstly, I was required to take the EdgeLink bus to the bus station and walk to short distance to the railway station. On arrival at the station I realised that I couldn't use my 16-25 railcard before 10am, fortunately I only had 15mins to wait until 10 so got a return ticket to set off from Ormskirk at 10.05am. The train required me to make 3 changes :( and by 11.22am I was only just setting off from Liverpool Lime Street station towards Manchester Piccadilly! By now, I was getting fed up of switching trains, having to find seats and lugging my suitcase around that I honestly.. nearly fell asleep on the train and would've missed my stop if my grandad hadn't rang me. So, my final train was from Manchester to Doncaster; the ironic thing was that I met with a friend from sixth form at Sheffield stop, who was changing there to come home for the same reason I was.

So, the presentation evening was interesting. It was brill seeing my past year; music friends; childhood friends; there was a substantial amount of people there which made it worth the while for going. After going up onto stage to collect my certificates and be congratulated my former teachers it was time for the traditional post-presentation evening event of going into town with all old friends and partying!

So, lets see the photo's from that night! By the way, according to my auntie, I'm starting to lose weight and she can tell now so I don't know whether anyone else can but I thought I'd share that with you as I'm proud that my cheerleading is finally taking its toll :D









Well yeah, my goal now is to achieve my goal dress size of what I was in year 11, before I let myself go and get too comfortable. I will get there!

Hope your all good
J

No comments:

Post a Comment