Friday 23 November 2012

Twi-hard!

As some of you might know, I'm a big Twilight fan. I've seen all the movies more than a couple of times (I even know the some films word-for-word in places) and read each of the books within a week. And I have been looking forward to the final film since the previous one came out (so a year) and I can honestly say, it did not disappoint.

I am always going to be an avid follower of the books and I will always defend that the books are so much better than the films.. Therfore, if you've not read the book.. Read them! Same goes with Harry Potter.. Personally I think people who have read the book ought to see the film.. Everyone else is just too lazy to read. Haha, but thats my opinion.

So, onto the film itself.. I was a major geek and went to the midnight showing of the film at an Odeon in Liverpool. It was an expensive night out for definate but sooooo worth it! So we very keenly arrived an hour and half earlier than the film was meant to start because as there were two showings at midnight, we knew it would very quickly get busy. So we picked up the tickets and got popcorn and drinks, as you always should when you go to the cinema (although, prices are increasing rapidly, and being a poor student doesn't help)! We carefully chose the best seats in the screen and chatted until the trailers began at 00.01am on 16th November haha. To entertain ourselves up until this point we took silly photos to amuse us and those are below, please excuse my face on most of them, I was quite hyper as I was so excited to see the film!

My Review
100 stars out of 10 if you ask me. It sticks to the detail of the books and adds extra bursts of flavour to spice it up. I'm not going to give to much of it away for those of you that haven't seen it but honestly, you ought to put some money aside to see it. The film had me gripped for the opening credits just the same way the book held me word for word. The addition of the fight scene at the end of the film was a shocking moment as this never appears in the book as graphic. And yes, I do mean it when I say its graphic.. If you are a queasy person, do look away nearing the end.
I don't really have anything bad to say about the film except the obvious that its nowhere near in as much detail as the book. I love reading for pleasure so I would say that, some of you might have opposing opinions.


I recommend everyone sees this film!

Now on to the pictures:
Not bothered no more

I am special..


Love this photo! <3

My eyes are freaky!

Flat mates ;)

They wanted a "nice" smiley photo.. I did not obey haha


The more than an hour wait was too much for Kitty..

J

No comments:

Post a Comment