Wednesday 20 June 2012

Current Top 10 Films

Well, I've always been a big film lover and like nothing more than taking time out of my busy schedule to watch films of a variety of genres. Since being on my summer holidays, I have a lot of time on my hands and love snuggling on the sofa to watch films all day. So I thought why not share my current top ten films in a post, that I can expand on at later dates.

(in no particular order)

1. The Harry Potter Series



Being on 18 now, I have grown up with the Harry Potter series and the three main characters. I have read each of the seven books and seen the eight films (I will always think the books are so much better than the film) and I believe nothing quite compares to a series of films like these. These will be films which I pass onto my children and my children's children and so on, and watch over and over again even though I know most of the words to the first couple of films.

2. The Lion King

A childhood favourite! I've always loved this film and never quite understood the depth until my later years so now I love it more than ever. Its a massive tearjerker with the death of Mufasa but has a story which inspires independence, in my eyes, it will never grow old and it was released in the year I was born, 1994!

3. The Twilight Saga

Yes, this isn't for everyone but I do love the whole series. I'd seen the books on shelves before but never been interested in buying them until I'd seen the first film. After seeing the first film, I loved the concept so chose to buy the books and then, I was addicted. I read all four books in less than a month (the last book in one day!) and was eagerly anticipating releasing the next films. In addition, I got my mum hooked too by forcing her to read the books just so I had someone to talk to about it. The last question you'll want to know from me with this if your a fan too is whether I'm team Edward or Jacob; well in the books, its team Edward all the way but in the film, I sway more toward Jacob. Confusion!

4. Armageddon

I watched this having never cried at a film before and had my mum saying "You'll definitely cry at this" but I wasn't convinced. But now, yes, I cry buckets at this film! The thought of the end of the world closing in and having my father and fiancée in space is heartbreaking. The filming and storyline is brilliant and again, is a film that will never get old.

5. Independence Day

Well the first pro about this film is that its leading man is Will Smith! I love Will Smith as an actor, he is so funny and there is no change in this film. If anyone has seen this film, my favourite scene is the one where Captain Steven Hiller (Will Smith) is dragging a dead alien through the desert shouting hilarious comments at it. For anyone that hasn't seen this, it really is a must-see action packed film.

6. The Inbetweeners Movie

Although a recently released film it is way up there on my list of top film for the entertainment factor. I've watched The Inbetweeners from series 1 on the television and knew this would be a big hit once it hit the cinema and DVD. I got this as a gift for Christmas and must have watched it nearly 20 times, yet I still am not bored!

7. Executive Decision

Again, this is an action-packed thriller which has you on the edge of your seat all the time. Its plot is all about a plane getting hijacked by terrorists and the US Government boarding the plane secretly and retaking the plane. This contains another of my favourite actors, John Leguizamo, he is fairly unfamiliar but he is very entertaining but not in that many films. I love my action films so this is fairly high on my all-time top films, anything like this would be greatly recommended.

8. Dirty Dancing

This really is a feel good classic, it was on last Sunday and just seeing its on automatically makes me smile. The soundtrack is just awesome and so easy to sing along to, and I love love singing even if I don't do it well sometimes. The picture above is clearly an iconic scene that people know even if they've not seen it, which is what I was like before I saw it. I do recommend this for any gender although from experience, men don't enjoy it as much as women. Also, seeing this in London's West End is a real experience and that is something else that lovers of Dirty Dancing should definitely do!

9. The Lizzie McGuire Movie

I've recently re-acquired my love for this film and can remember the days when I used to watch Lizzie McGuire on Disney Channel at 3pm every day but unfortunately, its now not on. This film allows us to experience Rome with the classic characters: Lizzie, Gordo, Ethan and Kate and get the ending we've always been waiting for, Lizzie <3 Gordo! Plus, it holds the soundtrack "Hey Now", a song I still know all the words to haha.

10. My Sister's Keeper

Well, I cried from the outset in the film, it is the worst tearjerker I have ever watched. I have watched so many tearjerkers like the well-known, Titanic, but none have made me cry quite so much as this. It is a lovely story of family 'togetherness' and the fight for making death comfortable. Even if you haven't been in the situation, you can relate to it because of the depth of the story. I really love this film.

J

No comments:

Post a Comment