Monday 25 June 2012

Race for Life 2012

Doncaster's Race for Life 2012 was held at its usual venue, Town Fields on the Sunday just gone and this year, I finally took part. I've always wanted to do the Race for Life but never had the time or patients to get sponsers and complete the race. As I've gotten fitter the past month, me, my mum and sister all chose to enter the race and raise money for a damn good cause!

We all took part in the race for the fight against cancer as a big group most of which were my mum's workmates and their families. Although we walked the complete 5K track, we all completed it in less than an hour, my end time being approximately 45 minutes. Me and my sister speed-walked the whole track with bursts of running up the hills and more importantly, over the finish line.

It was a worthwhile event and I'm positive I will continue taking part in the years to come to add to the funds I raised this year. When adding all the group sponsers together, we made an astonishing total of nearly £300. So proud! I really do recommend every girl and women take part in this event as it really does bring the ladies in your city together as one; doing the energetic warm-up and congratulating everyone on completion really are the icing on the cake!

Our Group Photo! Well done girls!

Off you go girls!

Sisters!

On completion of the race - medals and all!
To conclude, if anyone would like to contribute to our race please feel free to donate on our online fundraising page:

J

No comments:

Post a Comment