Thursday 5 July 2012

Bye Bye Music...

Today was the day I had to return the Double Bass I had on loan at home from the Doncaster Music Service. Music has been a big part of my life for the past eight years and it feels like I'm going to miss it a lot because its been such a significant part. Over the eight years, I have been a member of numerous orchestras and bands at the William Appleby Music Centre where I have successfully managed to progress to become section leaders; this was a great achievement for me as I've always undermined my abilities in music.

Throughout my time being a musician, I have a wonderfully inspirational peripatetic music teacher, Mrs Hooper, who has taught me for all the eight years. She has managed to pull me together to focus on the dedication and commitment needed to progress within music. I really do think I will miss seeing her on a weekly basis as we were able to combine laughter with teaching.

Well I thought I'd put a selection of my music day photo's together to reminice about the times I had with music. Enjoy!

Me and Grace on our first DSSO trip to Cumbria - 2009

Phillip, Grace, Me and Bryony in Cumbria (2009)

Phillip and Me - Waiting to start

The concentration!

(2012) Hairspray production and my 18th birthday

(2012) Last Spring Serenade at Danum - The Last Solo

(2012) The Last Solo

(2012) The Last Beechfield Concert - Me and Felicity

The Beechfield Bass Section

Grace, Mrs Hooper and Me - Gonna miss her!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment