Monday 9 July 2012

Mix-tape

Lately with all that needs doing before I go on holiday, I've been feeling really uninspired and struggling on what to write on here because I'm not really doing anything other than shopping for the holiday essentials. So, I decided to google blog post ideas to see if anything popped out at me and one site in particular did; due to having my iPod in at the time, I chose to attempt the mix-tape blog entry as mentioned here (however, I'm going to limit myself to five songs).

Here goes.. iPod on shuffle:

1. Bryan Adams - Summer of 69
This 100% reminds me of my mother. She is a massive rock fan and has passed it down to me slightly, I can listen to virtually any genre of music (minus screamo). Summer of 69 always manages to get the party started so lifts my mood automatically to being happy and energetic. I can sing and dance to this song in any situation, and it is especially exciting when it comes on every week without a doubt in Hogans round town! Awesome!

2. Brother Bear (Phil Collins) - On My Way
It might sound weird but this song, although its a Disney classic, can bring a tear to my eye even though I've never actually seen the film, Brother Bear. This is a sweet, enticing song that my year six group at Kingfisher Primary sung as part of our "graduation" from primary school. Primary school was and is an important part of my life and always will be due to the friends I made there who have remained my friends to this day. At the time this song symbolised the bond we all shared in primary as there didn't seem to be separate groups in our primary and we all stuck together. Primary school forever! I think this could be part of the reason I want to be a primary teacher myself, to inspire the next generation.

3. Fatman Scoop - Be Faithful
Now, this is a complete contrast to both songs previously mentioned (like I said, I have a varied music taste). This automatically reminds me of my friend, Alice, and the time we went round town and this song must have come on at least twice and she just screamed that she loved it! Its a brilliant song to dance to when around time and really gets everyone riled up so creates an awesome atmosphere. My favourite part is the "engine engine number 9..." section which everyone knows the words no matter what!

4. Chicago - All That Jazz
I really do love my musicals! I have seen so many and love singing along to them. My mum and sister do often shout at me for singing all the time and I know I'm not the greatest singer but having some musical background I can tune to some pitches. Chicago is a great musical with an even better musical score! Its one of them musicals which makes you feel good about yourself and can't help acting like your part of the cast (or maybe that's just me). Being a bass player myself, the bass line isn't all that as it normally isn't in musical but its a brill storyline and I can't criticise it!

5. One Direction - What Makes You Beautiful
I know a lot of you reading this will be like wtf?! One Direction from someone who knows music, well I'm not ashamed to say that One Direction are my guilty pleasure. I do enjoy singing along and dancing to them in my room and can sing along to this particular song pretty well due to my sisters 'obsession' with them. It puts an instant smile on my face and is a song that can get everyone up on the dance floor singing at the top of their voices whether their male or female.


This was a great task and I thoroughly enjoyed it and will definitely do it again! I think I may make this a monthly blog post and it was such a good idea so I thank the website that presented it to me. I recommend you try this too and see what pops into your head.

J


2 comments: