Friday 31 August 2012

Freshers Fever!

Edge Hill University Freshers is set to be a big, messy one! After receiving my welcome pack to the university a couple of weeks back I have been getting gradually more excited for Freshers week. So I thought for my post today, I would blog about the events I am most looking forward to and what you guys have to look forward to as I will hopefully blog about them all.

As you can see, its a pretty busy schedule (already bought my wristband for entry to everything!)
Well, the picture above is a little unclear and you can't really see what is happening each night so I've done close-ups of the events I'm particularly looking forward to. The only down side to all these events is that my course has compulsory lectures/seminars in the first week starting at 9am, booo!

A glow party! After partaking in a glow party while on holiday, I know this will be just as good if not potentially better. There has been talk on the facebook groups about paint canons and stuff so I'm still stumped about what I ought to wear, grr! People said on holiday to wear clothes you didn't want to get ruined but they didn't ruin.
 

 Jameela Jamil.. Originally, I didn't know who she was but after reading the small paragraph, realised who she was and thoroughly looking forward to her. I don't know her as a Radio 1 DJ but I occasionally watch T4 so have seen her on that so that's appealed to me for Freshers.

Ormskirk Town Takeover (with fancy dress)... I love the name of this, it feels almost like we're taking over the whole town forever haha. Yes, for me, Freshers week would not be complete without a fancy dress event. The theme: Emergency Services! Well I've been looking over emergency services fancy dress on eBay, as recently I've become a very keen eBay-er and I have a few potential outfits in mind, the one currently highest is FBI, although if needs be, I do have a nurses outfit to fall back on.
 

Silent Disco, eek! I am sooooo excited about this after my first silent disco which was Kos' signature silent disco. Silent disco's have so much more possibility in music range as each of the DJs are so different and will appeal to anyone's music taste. The one I went to had boy bands, current chart hits and 90s clubbing stuff like 'We are the children of the night' (was hilarious!). I eagerly anticipating this and it will either live up to my expectation and the last I went to, or majorly disappoint.

Jay for Inbetweeners! This has to be the highlight of Edge Hill freshers week 2012 due to it just being Jay.. from The Inbetweeners. I love The Inbetweeners and the movie, neither will ever get old to me as each time I laugh out loud at the same things. He's going to be DJ-ing (didn't even know he was a DJ) like which may mean people wont be getting photo's with him but my target for the night is to attempt to get a photo with him if possible, that will be awesome.
 
 
Well moving to university is getting ever the more close now and the wait is seriously starting to kill me. Having a load of things packed in boxes in the back half of the room is taunting me to the fact that I'm not going next week of something. The things really are starting to pile up in my house...
 
 
I've even started packing up my shoes, bags, toiletries, hair products and makeup in my room which I don't use all of the time but do need on nights out and things like that. I'm waiting for my grandparents to bring a suitcase round so I can pack full but I suppose there's no need to pack over 3 weeks before moving day. Also, my room is beginning to look a little bare seen as though I've started removing some decor and recreational books to read between educational stuff.
 
Countdown: 23 days to go!
 
Countdown with me guys! I hope everyone moving to university or staying at home and commuting is looking forward to the next step in our lives, eagerly anticipating what the future holds just like I am.
 
J

No comments:

Post a Comment