Friday 7 September 2012

The Day Look

Since I started wearing makeup everyday, I've always gotten comments like "Do you wear makeup?" or "It looks like your not wearing any, its so natural". I thought I'd share my makeup regime with my blog readers and the products I wear on a daily basis.

This is the contents of my makeup box, all my makeup (I've recently had a good clear out)

The products I wear everyday are:

 
Avon clearskin Clarifying Cover SPF15
Avon Eye Radiance Brightening Wand in Fair
Natural Collection Tinted Moisturiser in Natural
Natural Collection Pressed Powder in Neutral
Colortrend Blusher in Cheeky
Avon Glimmerstick Eye Liner in Blackest Black
MAC Eye Line Pencil in Black
Avon Eyebrow Pencil in Dark Brown
Avon Supershock Max (Waterproof) Mascara in Black
 
Now you may look at this like, well thats an awful lot of makeup for a look thats natural. Well, each piece of makeup I own and use is light on the skin doesn't turn out 'cakey'.
 
So lets start the makeup regime:
 
 This is me before starting
 
Well the first products I will use as base layers are Avon clearskin Clarifying Cover, Avon Eye Radiance Brightening Wand and Natural Collection Tinted Moisturiser in Natural. All the products are very light and easy on your skin so doesn't cause any breakouts, as you can see from the photo above, currently I had a few blemishes on my chin area but there like spontaneous ones. The Clarifying Cover is tinted darker than my complexion but blends in nicely with no streaks, the Eye Radiance Wand covers any dark circles just under your eyes and last a long time as you don't have to use much and the Tinted Moisturiser locks everything else in but also provides a nice 'gluey' layer for the Pressed Powder to attach to.
 
Avon clearskin Clarifying Cover SPF15
 
Natural Collection Tinted Moisturiser in Natural

Avon Eye Radiance Wand
 
After the base layers are added:
Next, we apply the Pressed Powder in Neutral, I naturally have a pale complexion so I got for natural shades to emphasise that. Powder can sometimes appear too powdery on oily skin but my skin is not too dry or too oily so it simply sits on my skin, creating the natural look, like this:
 
 
Next, we apply the blusher. Its a simply shade to add a rosy glow effect to highlight the cheekbone area. I have a vast amount of brushes for blushes, eye shadow and eyebrow but for daily blush, I just use a small one to accentuate the face.
 
Can you see that slight rosy glow? Thats my favourite feature :) haha
 
Now, its time for the two eyeliners.. You might be thinking that two eyeliners is a little much and will look ridiculous. I use the Avon Glimmerstick one to outline all my under eye and the MAC one to do a little on my upper lid and create a slight flick but nothing too big (that's for the night look haha).
 
In this picture, you can see the rosiness of my cheeks too but look at the eyeliner, its not a dark black colour but draws smooth lines to just give a simple outline.
 
The last two makeup products are the most difficult to me because its what requires a lot of symmetry on either side. I often use an eyebrow pencil when my eyebrows need reshaping because it give a definite shape whereas other times I'll just use a powder. My mascara is waterproof which I've only started wearing since holiday due to the pool and stuff but I've found waterproof mascara gives such a long, curly lash. As you can see my eyelashes are naturally long'ish' which I'm proud of and it means my mascara always lasts a while.
 
 
So here's the finished look:
 
 
 
 

 






Have a go at different looks yourself, but this is my daily look when I'm going out, if I'm just staying in I'll cope without any makeup haha. Sometime I will post about my night look as I do wear a lot more on a night out such as eyeshadow as you might have noticed I don't wear eyeshadow daily, personally, I think its too much.
 
Until next time :)
J

No comments:

Post a Comment